I will be the first to admit that I have those days where you just wish the kids would stay with their grandparents and the hubby would find something else to get him away from the house so that you can, for ONCE, have some peace and quiet. Tonight, however, is a much different story. The hubby has to work through the night and the kids are staying with their grandparents and I find myself realizing just how empty the house can feel. Oh, sure, I get the chance to finish up on dishes, catch up on laundry and watch a movie without a child screaming my name every five minutes, but the real teaser is that I miss the child screaming my name every five minutes.
I guess the saying is very true then, your home is where your heart is and right now, my heart is split in two different locations. Yes, I will enjoy the chance to do some writing or to watch that movie, but at the end of a very long day at work...I really would rather fight with the hubby than not have him home and I would rather be frustrated by the children than not have them kiss me goodnight before I turn off the lights. *Sigh*
So, kiss your children goodnight with a soft whisper of "I'll see you in the morning" and "have sweet dreams" and snuggle up close to that significant other because, really, your home IS where your heart is.
No comments:
Post a Comment