Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Put the Scrooge/Grinch away!

     Today I was wondering what I might blog about.  There were several things that crossed my mind.  First, I'm irritated that there are people out in the world who care only for themselves.  The reason this particular issue bothers me now more than ever is because "John Smith" (who shall remain anonymous) had Christmas Eve and Christmas off of work and so "John Doe" was going to have to work those days.  Now, however, "John Smith" has taken it upon himself to request even MORE days off around Christmas forcing "John Doe" to work the few days before Christmas, Christmas Eve, Christmas and the few days after!  To that I say, what on earth possesses someone to care so little for others?  Does "John Smith" not realize that he is forcing "John Doe" to forgo his Christmas with family?  I must admit, I am quite frustrated over this!
     Second, I am to confess to you that I am a Christmas present procrastinator.  I have yet to buy most of the presents that I have listed for this year.  My husband and I have an anniversary on the 22nd and so we usually wait until then to buy all of our gifts, but I am becoming a firm admirer of those people who buy their presents year 'round!  I am, however, fairly set in my ways and so I sincerely doubt that I will ever change.
     Thirdly, I am reading Jane Austen's "Pride & Prejudice" for the first time ever and I am truly amazed at how someone so young could be so gifted!  I've always loved the movie (the Keira Knightely version) but had never before taken the time to fight through the writing style that I find hard to read.  I do believe it has been much easier this time BECAUSE I have seen the movie so many times.  I find the book to be absolutely delightful and as an author myself, she is another author to look up to.
     I would like to take a moment to mention a very special cheesecake that I had last night.  A friend and fellow blogger allowed me to have some of her homemade cheesecake and I was not left wanting.  It was fabulous!
     I leave you now with a challenge: flip on those Christmas tree lights, crank up the Christmas music and begin to put the Scrooge/Grinch away.  No matter how bad your day was, you can always find wonder in Cindy Lou's innocence and a sweet reminder of love and life in the songs.  Adieu and goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. You make me smile :) also, if you're ever interested in her other books I can let u borrow them.

    ReplyDelete