Monday, December 6, 2010

"Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow"

  You will have to forgive me, but I LOVE it when it snows!  I love how everything turns to white, how Christmas songs fill your mind (and in my case, the entire inside of the car as I sing loudly to each one).  I love snow for two very particular reasons: first, I love how it makes you feel like Christmas is just around the corner and it always heightens my mood.  I'm sure I irritated many co-workers today with my bubbly attitude which, as a rule, should never be displayed on a Monday.  Second, it reminds me that my sins have been cleared and are now as white as the snow.  In the same way that all the brown leaves and grass are covered by a silk white blanket, so too are my sins now covered completely until I sparkle and shine in reflection of the Son!
  You may not like it so much, the cold and the shoveling, but its hard to deny the absolute beauty of a first snow layering the ground and making everything seem so much more beautiful!  So, "let it snow, let it snow, let it snow"!

No comments:

Post a Comment