Today is the perfect day to blog. It is snowing outside at such a rate that I will, most likely, NOT go outside today unless for an urgent reason. I am relieved! Last night, around 11pm, I finished with the last little details of what was needed for the Holiday season! Ah, such wonderful ectasy! I got my groceries and finished getting all the presents I needed!
Today will be a day of cleaning, laundry and organization as I prepare to have twelve people in my house, Monday night, for our Christmas dinner. The only regret I have for this particular meal is that I will NOT be making anything from scratch. With my family only here a short time, I wanted to take preparation down to a minumum and so the turkey will be the only thing that isn't already pre-made or "instant." I find it sad that I got a wonderful mixer for Christmas, but I won't get to use it yet! I am making plans to use it soon, I promise...
The kids are all abuzz today! With snow falling and the prospect of Santa coming to our house tonight, the children are in heightened spirits! I am truly looking forward to placing some cookies out for Santa along with a little milk. The stockings will be hung on the wall and the restless children will be so anxious that it may take a while to put them to sleep! I know the feeling...last night I was so excited about FINALLY being done that I was antsy for it all to begin. Alas, I must wait a few hours more.
Be anxious for Santa's arrival tonight with the joy of a child. In that same manner, be anxious for Christ's return. Will you be on Jesus' naughty or nice list? Remember that this is a season of presents and giving and getting, but more importantly remember that this is the time when we celebrate the birth of Christ and how, in the midst of our human chaos, came a baby.
If you haven't seen Louie Giglio's "The Twelve Words of Christmas" video, I recommend it. If you want, you can borrow mine. Merry Christmas to all of you and God Bless!
No comments:
Post a Comment